How to get a copy of a Police Report/ MV Accident Report?

The RECORDS UNIT window is located in the front lobby (to the left) of Police Headquarters at 1 Monroe Street, Norwalk CT 06854. Email -  OR CALL (203) 854-3009 or (203) 854-3151 - Clerks may be busy at the window, please leave a message with your return phone number.

HOURS:  Monday - Friday;  8:30am - 3:30pm . Closed from 12:00 - 1:00 pm and on City observed holidays. BY ONLINE APPOINTMENT ONLY - CLICK HERE TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT - Online Appointment System Choose the Records Unit calendar. 

FEES:   Case Reports = $.50 cents per page for all reports - CASH ONLY - No bills larger than $10 bill.  No Credit Card or Apple Pay accepted.

 Case Photos = $5 per CD (Still Photos)

             Case Video = $30 per hour (1 hour minimum fee)

             Body Worn Camera = $30 per hour (1 hour minimum fee)

             Dashboard Camera = $30 per hour (1 hour minimum fee)

** Any video over each 1 hour increment will be charged an additional $30; such as 2 hours and 12 minutes = $90.

ACCIDENT REPORTS:  Are available online for an additional fee - CLICK HERE  You must have the case number to use this service. Enter the full digit case number including zeros. Example 240000XXXX.                                

Freedom of Information Requests:  A request can be filed by using the City of Norwalk link - CLICK HERE OR - FAX your request to the Records Unit at (203) 854-3090 or email to  Make sure to include your email for a response.


** Some reports cannot be released due to pending investigations OR are regulated by State Statutes.  Information may also be redacted in accordance with State Statutes. 


Show All Answers

1. How to get a copy of a Police Report/ MV Accident Report?
2. How to Obtain Case Photos/Videos; Body Worn Camera or Dashboard Camera Video?
3. How to get my Fingerprints taken?
4. How to apply for a 60 Day Temporary State Pistol Permit?
5. Solicitor's Permit Information for Business & Individuals
6. How to Register my Home or Business Alarm System?
7. I am the Victim of Identify Theft. How do I report it?
8. How can I become a Norwalk Police Officer?
9. How do I hire an off-duty police officer?
10. How can I receive a criminal records check?
11. Frequently Requested Policies
12. How do I Commend or Complain about a Norwalk Police Officer?
13. Patch Collector Information