How do I obtain a copy of a Police Report?

The RECORDS UNIT window is located in the front lobby (to the left) of Police Headquarters at 1 Monroe Street, Norwalk CT 06854. Email -  OR CALL (203) 854-3009 or (203) 854-3151 - Clerks may be busy at the window, please leave a message with your return phone number.

HOURS:  Monday - Friday;  8:30am - 4:00pm   BY ONLINE APPOINTMENT ONLY - CLICK HERE TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT - Online Appointment System Choose the Records Unit calendar. Closed from 12:00 - 1:00 pm and on City observed holidays.               

FEES:   $.50 cents per page for all reports - CASH ONLY - No Bills larger than $10 bill.  No Credit Card or Apple Pay accepted.

ACCIDENT REPORTS:  Are available online for an additional fee - CLICK HERE
     You must have the case number to use this service. Enter the full digit case number including zeros. example 230000XXXX.                                

Freedom of Information Requests:  A request can be filed by using the City of Norwalk link - CLICK HERE OR - FAX your request to the Records Unit at (203) 854-3090.  Make sure to include your email for a response.


** Some reports cannot be released due to pending investigations OR are regulated by state statutes.  Information may also be redacted in accordance with state statutes. 



Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a copy of a Police Report?
2. How do I get my Fingerprints taken?
3. How do I obtain a Pistol Permit?
4. How do Attorneys or Insurance Companies request Case Photos or Video?
5. How can I become a Norwalk Police Officer?
6. How can I receive a criminal records check?
7. How do I hire an off-duty police officer?
8. Frequently Requested Policies
9. I am the Victim of Identify Theft. What can I do?
10. Do I need to register my Private Security Alarm?
11. How do I Commend or Complain about a Norwalk Police Officer?
12. Solicitor's Permit Information for Business & Individuals
13. Patch Collector Information