City of Norwalk has openings for interns to assist the two Sr. Systems Engineers. This position starts July 1, 2014 and pays 12.50 per hour. It is a part time position but is not necessarily limited to the summer months.
The successful candidates will have both the technical skills to implement systems as well as the communication skills to communicate effectively with clients and resolve their issues. We have a complex environment of dozens of applications running various systems. This position is an exciting one giving the successful individual deep, hands-on experience in the areas listed below.
Our infrastructure includes:
• Virtualization – 70 servers 65% virtualized,
• Servers – about 65 DataCenter 2008 R2, Server 2003 R2 & DataCenter 2012 servers;
• Virtual Hosts – 9 VMware ESXi 5.1 hosts, vCenter 5.5 & Hyper-V
• PC’s – 250 XP and Windows 7
• VDI – would like to start a pilot project
• Networks – Mainly Cisco equipment
Projects you will work on:
• Installing new servers
• Maintaining existing servers
• Maintaining VMware environment
• Updating applications
• Verifying backups and occasionally restoring data for clients
• Answering Help Desk calls
• Moving equipment as needed
Please call Dave Ross at 203-854-7849 for more information.