City of Norwalk
Leaf and Yard Waste Collection
2013 SPRING SCHEDULE
April 22 through May 17, 2013
1. Yard Waste pick-up is for 4th Taxing District residents who receive city services, pick up will be on Monday during the week of your listed refuse collection day below.
April 22 – 26: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday garbage routes
April 29 – May 3: Thursday and Friday garbage routes
May 6 – 10: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday garbage routes
May 13 – 17: Thursday and Friday garbage routes
2. Please put yard waste curbside no earlier than 6 pm the night before and no later than 6 am on the Monday of your listed yard waste collection week.
3. Yard waste will be collected ONLY in brown paper leaf bags, garbage cans with no lids, or open-top cardboard boxes.
4. Yard waste in plastic bags, loose piles of brush and leaves, rocks, soil, and sand WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
5. Brush must be less than 4 feet in length and 6 inches or less in diameter. It must be tied up in bundles.
6. There is a 25-pound weight limit for bags and a 50-pound limit for cans or bundles of branches – Please do not overload bags and cans.
7. Logs and stumps WILL NOT BE COLLECTED. They can be brought to the yard waste site located on 15 South Smith Street. Under some circumstances you will have to pay to dump.
If you have any questions or concerns; please call the Customer Service Center at (203) 854-3200.