(Norwalk, Conn.) Today, January 19, 2023, the City of Norwalk and Norwalk Redevelopment Agency announced that the new Norwalk Business Development Center located at 3 Belden Avenue will be hosting a series of free professional development workshops this year, beginning tomorrow, Friday, January 20, 2023, led by the Greater Norwalk Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
In early November, the City and Norwalk Redevelopment Agency launched the Norwalk Business Development Center to provide continuous resources for entrepreneurs and business owners throughout the life cycle of their businesses, including access to financial and business educational guidance. The Business Development Center is open to the public five days a week, offering workshop training, the Storefront Improvement Program, the no-interest Kiva Loan Program, the Norwalk Innovation Program, and other resources for small businesses.
As part of the workshop series, the Greater Norwalk Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will be conducting these in-person workshops and providing a variety of critical professional development trainings with different themes each month. The workshops will also include a virtual participation option. The themes of the workshops were shaped through community outreach to small businesses in Norwalk.
The first workshop tomorrow, January 20, 2023, is titled “A new approach to work in the new year: Managing stress and avoiding burnout by setting work boundaries.” This workshop will explore how the pandemic played a role in many workers feeling overworked and confused about work-life boundaries.
Anyone interested in attending or learning more should visit https://tinyurl.com/cbworkshops. For any questions, please reach out to Katie O’Leary at email@example.com.
To learn more about the 2023 Workshop Series please visit https://tinyurl.com/cbworkshops.
|2023 Workshop Series Schedule:|
February 17, 2023 | 12:30-2:30pm
- Self-care for helpers. Understand compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, and the lead reasons for helpers’ burnout.
March 17, 2023 | 12:30-2:30pm
- Building a better organizational culture. The importance of trust, communication, and alignment.
April 28, 2023 | 12:30-2:30pm
- Conflict management and effective communication at work.
May 19, 2023 | 12:30-2:30pm
- Transitioning from worker to manager. What you should know before you make the move.
June 23, 2023 | 12:30-2:30pm
- How to manage and empower your team while keeping them accountable.
July 21, 2023 | 12:30-2:30pm
- Outstanding performance reviews for employees and supervisors.
September 15, 2023 | 12:30-2:30pm
October 20, 2023 | 12:30-2:30pm
- The role of the non-profit board.
November 17, 2023 | 12:30-2:30pm
- Serving immigrants. A focused BIPOC training with a special focus on the immigrant experience.