Below is the Fall Curbside Yard Waste Collection schedule for residents who receive garbage collection from the City of Norwalk. This is the final Yard Waste Collection for the calendar year and includes yard waste such as leaves, brush, sticks, etc. Based on the schedule below, residents who receive garbage collection will have two opportunities for our Fall Curbside Yard Waste Collection.
The schedule below is determined by your garbage collection day:
If your garbage collection days are routinely on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, please have your yard waste on the curb by 6:00 AM on:
- Monday, November 7; and
- Monday, November 28.
If your garbage collection days are routinely on Thursday and Friday, please have your yard waste on the curb by 6:00 AM on:
- Monday, November 14; and
- Monday, December 5.
The Yard Waste Collection guidelines are as follows:
- Yard Waste must be curbside by 6:00 AM on the Monday of your collection week, listed above.
- Leaves will be collected ONLY in brown leaf bags, garbage cans with no lids, or open-top cardboard boxes.
- Any brush must be less than 4 feet long and 6-inches or less in diameter. It must be tied up in bundles, no heavier than 50 pounds or in garbage cans with no lids.
- Plastic or garbage bags of debris, loose piles of brush and leaves, rocks, soil, and sand will NOT be collected.
- There is a 25-pound weight limit for leaf bags and a 50-pound weight limit for cans. Please do not overload bags or cans.
- Logs and stumps will NOT be collected. They can be brought to the Yard Waste Site with the proper permits.
- If you believe your curbside yard waste collection was missed, don't hesitate to get in touch with our Customer Service Center at (203) 854-3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org on the Monday after your collection week.
For more information, please visit the Norwalk website at https://www.norwalkct.org/1906/Yard-Waste-Collection or contact the Customer Service Center at CustomerService@norwalkct.org or (203) 854-3200.