Public Service Announcement
2022 Spring Yard Waste Collection
Yard Waste Collection is for residents of Norwalk who receive City garbage collection. The 2022 Spring Yard Waste collection schedule is as follows:
- Week of April 4: Residents with Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday garbage collection
- Week of April 11: Residents with Thursday and Friday garbage collection
- Week of May 2: Residents with Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday garbage collection
- Week of May 9: Residents with Thursday and Friday garbage collection
Residents MUST have their Yard Waste curbside by 6:00 AM on the MONDAY of their scheduled week of collection, as the trucks will pass by only once during that week. Once the trucks pass, they will NOT return until the second scheduled collection.
The Yard Waste Site, located at 15 S. Smith St., will also begin Spring Hours starting the week of March 28, and the first Saturday will be April 2. The new hours will be Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 3 PM and Saturday 7:30 AM – 2 PM. The Site remains closed on Sunday.
GENERAL INFORMATION & GUIDELINES
Leaves, brush and grass clippings are on Connecticut’s list of mandatory recycling items.
DO NOT MIX THESE ITEMS WITH GARBAGE. The City of Norwalk encourages you to compost at home and mulch your grass clippings into your lawn.
Yard waste collection guidelines are as follows:
- Please DO NOT mix leaves and brush, they will be collected by different trucks.
- Yard Waste will be collected ONLY in brown paper leaf bags, garbage cans with no lids, or open-top cardboard boxes.
- Yard Waste in plastic bags, loose piles of brush and leaves, rocks, soil, and sand WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- Brush must be less than 4-feet in length and 6-inches or less in diameter. It MUST be tied up in bundles.
- There is a 25-pound weight limit for bags of Yard Waste and a 50-pound weight limit for cans or bundles of brush. Please DO NOT overload bags or cans.
- Logs and Stumps WILL NOT BE COLLECTED. Logs and Stumps can be brought to the Yard Waste Site located at 15 South Smith Street. Please remember to bring the proper Resident Disposal Pass, and under some circumstances, you may have to pay to dump.
- If you believe you are missed for a Yard Waste collection, please call Customer Service at (203) 854-3200 on Monday of the following week.
For more information, please visit norwalkct.org or contact the Customer Service Center at (203) 854-3200.