At the Norwalk Redevelopment Agency, all of our energies and resources go into enhancing the physical, economic, and social environment of the Norwalk community.
We work here. We live here. We're proud of - and know firsthand - Norwalk's present advantages and future opportunities.
Public Notice and Public Review of a Proposed Activity in a 100-year Floodplain
This is to give notice that the City of Norwalk has determined that the following proposed action under Choice Neighborhoods Initiative and Grant CT1E002CNg113 is located in the 100-year floodplain, and the City of Norwalk will be identifying and evaluating practicable alternatives to locating the action in the floodplain and the potential impacts on the floodplain from the proposed action, as required by Executive Order 11988, in accordance with HUD regulations at 24 CFR 55.20 Subpart C Procedures for Making Determinations on Floodplain Management and Protection of Wetlands.
Proposed Project: 47-53 Water Street Acquisition and Rehabilitation
Project Location: 47 & 53 Water Street, Fairfield County, Norwalk, Connecticut
Scope of Work: The proposed activity includes the acquisition of the structure at 47 & 53 Water Street for the purpose of providing the Norwalk Housing Authority with a new headquarters and otherwise described in the provided link(s).
30 Monroe Street Brownfields Remediation - Public Comment Period and Public Hearing
The Norwalk Redevelopment Agency intends to use funding provided by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in order to remediate 30 Monroe Street, Norwalk, CT 06854, also referred to as the South Norwalk Train Station. A 30 day public comment period begins on Thursday, May 4, 2023 and ends on Friday June 2, 2023 to receive public comments on the Community Relations Plan, Remedial Action Plan and Analysis of Brownfields Cleanup Alternatives. All comments must be received in writing via mail or email. A virtual public hearing will occur on May 25, 2023 at 4 PM. Please see the below notices for additional information. Physical copies of the below documents are available upon request. Contact Stephen Ivan at 203-505-8925 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
- 30 Monroe Street Public Notice for Brownfields Remediation
- 30 Monroe Street Public Notice for Brownfields Remediation (Spanish)
- Analysis for Brownfields Cleanup Alternatives (ABCA)
- Remedial Action Plan (RAP)
- Community Relations Plan (CRP)
- The Wall Street - West Avenue Neighborhood Plan was approved on March 13th, 2019. The Plan is available here as well as in hard copy at the Norwalk Redevelopment Agency located at 3 Belden Avenue Norwalk, CT 06850.
The Plan consolidates, updates, and replaces the previous Wall Street Redevelopment Plan as well as the West Avenue Redevelopment Plan.
- The Norwalk Redevelopment Agency invites the public to comment on our draft application to the EPA Brownfields Cleanup Grant for Webster Lot. Additional details are found in the provided link FY23 EPA Brownfields Application Public Notification. Drafts of the Project Narrative and Analysis of Brownfields Cleanup Alternatives (ABCA) are available here:
Draft FY23 Grant Application Narrative
- THE SONO COLLECTION - EXTERIOR FACADE MATERIAL OPTIONS
- THE SONO COLLECTION - EXTERIOR SIGNAGE MANUAL
- Whistleville / Lexington Avenue Historic Preservation Strategy (September 2015)
- Meetings and Committees
- Greater Norwalk Ten Year Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness
- Resources & Guidelines, Historic Preservation in Norwalk (July 1980)
- DRAFT Parking Plan (December 2012)
- Connectivity Masterplan (March 2012)
- Sustainable Design Guidelines (May 2011), apply to all redevelopment plan areas
- Fiscal and Economic Impact Analysis of Norwalk Redevelopment Projects (June 2016)
- Fiscal and Economic Impact Analysis of Norwalk Redevelopment Projects - Presentation
- Strategic Plan 2021
Redevelopment & Urban Renewal Plans (according to State Statute 132)
- Wall Street - West Avenue Neighborhood Plan
- Reed Putnam Urban Renewal Area
- TOD Redevelopment Plan, approved September 2016
- Urban Renewal Plan Washington-South Main Street Improvement Area #2 (1981, rev 2006)
For Public Comment
Community Arts & Cultural Sponsorship Program
For The Public
Harbor Loop Trail/SoNo Wharf
The City of Norwalk and Norwalk Redevelopment Agency are working with a consulting firm on the design and engineering of integral segments of the Norwalk River Valley Trail that will connect the existing trail and complete the Harbor Loop along the east bank of the Norwalk River, and of SoNo Wharf as a green space to include the continuation of the trail north. To learn more, visit the Norwalk Redevelopment Agency's website.
South Norwalk Train Station Area Study
Mathews Park Master Site Plan
Draft Mathews Park Master Plan
The Norwalk Redevelopment Agency is currently seeking feedback on a set of proposed draft recommendations for improving Mathews Park. We are asking that the public review the two presentations from our public meetings and submit any feedback to email@example.com by 4:00pm on Friday July 30th. This feedback will help inform our efforts to submit a final set of recommendations to the City for how to improve Mathews Park.
Webster Street Lot Community Listening Session
The redevelopment of the Webster Street Lot represents a significant opportunity in the heart of South Norwalk to generate value for the community through a high-quality redevelopment project.
The first community listening session happened in March and a second, happening in May, will also be a hybrid event with the in-person portion again taking place at the South Norwalk Library. To watch recordings and view the developer's presentation, use the link below.
Sustainability and Resilience Plan
The Redevelopment Agency for the City of Norwalk (City) is working with a consultant to develop a Sustainability and Resilience Plan that will serve as a roadmap for the City to use to implement a clearly defined and equitable set of sustainability goals as outlined within the City's Plan of Conservation and Development.
Job opportunities at the Agency
For job opportunities at the Redevelopment Agency, please visit the Agency's website at www.norwalkredevelopmentagency.org/employment-opportunities