Forms & Technical Information


Facilities and businesses that perform certain regulated activities in the Aquifer Protection Area (APA) were required to register with the Norwalk Aquifer Protection Agency if they were in operation when the APA Regulations were adopted in the summer of 2009. Currently, there are 33 registered facility locations within the APA.

Facility locations within the APA that are not eligible for APA registration (i.e. are not one of the 33 specific registered sites) are prohibited from performing operations that include regulated activities.

Connecticut State regulations define 28 higher-risk activities that are considered regulated activities. If your business performs any of these regulated activities and your business is within the APA, then your facility must be located at one of these 33 registered facilities. If you are looking to establish a business within the APA that includes any of these higher-risk activities, you are encouraged to first contact the Conservation Office.

Contact Us

Prior to selecting a form and filling it out, you are strongly encouraged to first discuss your situation with Conservation Office staff to accurately determine your application or permit need. They may be contacted at:

  • Email
  • Room 129, Norwalk City Hall; 125 East Ave., Norwalk, CT 06851-5125
  • Phone: (203) 854-7744

Registration & Permit Applications

If you are considering opening a business within the APA, first determine whether your business would be performing 'regulated activities' or exempt activities.  Fill out this form prior to meeting with staff:  Determining Regulatory Status Form

Instructions & Other Helpful Documents