Forms & Technical Information
Facilities and businesses that perform certain regulated activities in the Aquifer Protection Area (APA) were required to register with the Norwalk Aquifer Protection Agency if they were in operation when the APA Regulations were adopted in the summer of 2009. Currently, there are 33 registered facility locations within the APA.
Facility locations within the APA that are not eligible for APA registration (i.e. are not one of the 33 specific registered sites) are prohibited from performing operations that include regulated activities.
Connecticut State regulations define 28 higher-risk activities that are considered regulated activities. If your business performs any of these regulated activities and your business is within the APA, then your facility must be located at one of these 33 registered facilities. If you are looking to establish a business within the APA that includes any of these higher-risk activities, you are encouraged to first contact the Conservation Office.
Prior to selecting a form and filling it out, you are strongly encouraged to first discuss your situation with Conservation Office staff to accurately determine your application or permit need. They may be contacted at:
- Room 129, Norwalk City Hall; 125 East Ave., Norwalk, CT 06851-5125
- Phone: (203) 854-7744
Registration & Permit Applications
If you are considering opening a business within the APA, first determine whether your business would be performing 'regulated activities' or exempt activities. Fill out this form prior to meeting with staff: Determining Regulatory Status Form
- APA Registration Application Form (for existing facility operators)
- APA Registration Transfer Form (for new operators that are moving into a registered facility)
- Permit Form to Add New Regulated Activity (for existing facility operators that want to add or change the activities at the facility)
- APA Permit Transfer Form (for new operators moving into a registered and permitted facility)
- Environmental Compliance Form
Instructions & Other Helpful Documents
- APA Registration Instructions
- CT DEEP Technical Guidance Document on Registrations
- DEEP Model for a Materials Management Plan Form
- APA Permit Instructions
- Stormwater Supplement Model Form for Stormwater Management Plan
- Environmental Compliance Form Instructions
- Table of APA Regulated Activities and Associated Typical Land Uses