- City Government
- Planning & Zoning
- Planning & Zoning Commission
Planning & Zoning Commission
What we do:
The Planning & Zoning Commission is responsible for planning and coordinating the physical, social, and economic development of the City and regulates the use of land within the city by:
- Preparing, adopting, and amending the Building Zone Regulations and the Building Zone Map so as to control and direct the use and development of property
- Reviewing and deciding upon applications for special permits, site plan review, and coastal (CAM) site plan.
- Acting upon applications for motor vehicle dealer or repairer licenses.
- Administering the City's subdivision regulations.
- preparing, adopting, and implementing the 10-year Plan of Conservation and Development.
- Reviewing municipal improvement subject to Section 8-24 of the CT General Statutes.
- Reviewing and acting upon referrals from Federal, State and Regional agencies.
- Making recommendations regarding the City's Capital Budget projects.
Commission Bylaws:The Commission's bylaws were adopted on 8/17/22 and can be found here.
The main point of staff contact for the Planning & Zoning Commission is the Principal Planner, Bryan Baker.
| ||Phone||Mailing Address|
| Bryan Baker|| 203-854-7780|| Planning & Zoning Commission|
Norwalk City Hall
Norwalk, CT 06856-5125
Planning & Zoning Commission Meetings and Membership Information:
The Planning & Zoning Commission generally meets twice per month, starting at 6:00 PM on the pre-determined dates . Please note, the Commission holds additional meetings in January and February on the proposed Capital Budget; check the agenda pages for the specific dates and times for these meetings.
Currently, all meetings are being held virtually using the Zoom application.
Please go to the Meeting Notices page to join a meeting or view prior meetings.
For more information, see links below: