Land Records

Transaction Types

All transactions involving land situated in Norwalk must be recorded in the Office of the Town Clerk. This includes, but is not limited to:

  • Attachments
  • Conveyances
  • Deeds
  • Judgments
  • Liens
  • Maps
  • Mortgages
  • Tax liens
  • Other miscellaneous legal documents pertaining to land use

Click here to view the Land Records online

The town clerk records and keeps permanent documentation and indexing of all transactions. Land records are open for public inspection during normal business hours.

Fee Schedule

Certifying documents
$1 per page / $2 to certify copy
Certifying maps
$2 each plus cost of copying
Copies of maps / surveys
Actual cost of reproduction
Copy of document
$1 per page
Filing maps of subdivisions of three or more parcels
Filing other maps
$20 each
Recording documents
$60 first page, $5 each subsequent page /portion
Recording documents - Conveyance over $2,000
Add $2
Foreclosed Property Registrations$60

Please note: Local and state conveyance taxes are due and payable when recording transfers of property.

Real Estate Conveyances

All real estate conveyances must be filed with the OP-236 real estate conveyance tax return form. If there are more than two granters / sellers, you must use the additional OP-236 Schedule A form.