- City Government
- Tax Collector
- Tax Sale Information
Tax Sale Information and Documents
Our most recent tax sale was held in October 2021. Our next sale is likely to be held in July, 2024.
An informational packet about the 2024 tax sale will be available for purchase at the Tax Collector's Office at City Hall for $25 as soon as it is available, probably after April 2024.
The informational packet explains the tax sale process and the bidding process in detail and provides answers to questions potential bidders most frequently ask about tax sales. It also contains a complete list of the properties offered for sale and copies of the relevant Connecticut state statutes. It is strongly recommended that anybody considering bidding at the tax sale purchase the packet and become familiar with the process before making the decision to bid. City staff will not assist potential bidders by explaining how tax sales work, will not assist in researching properties, and will not offer information about the characteristics of tax sale properties beyond what is available in the packet.
The links below relate to the October 2021 tax sale.
- TAX SALE PROPERTY LISTING, MAP AND OTHER INFORMATION
- Bidding Restrictions for City of Norwalk Officials and Employees
- Tax sale legal notice 7/14/2021
- Tax sale legal notice 7/27/2021
- Tax sale legal notice 8/13/2021
- Tax sale legal notice 8/19/2021
- Tax sale legal notice 8/26/2021
- Tax sale legal notice 9/27/2021
- Legal constructive notice 8/19/2021
- Legal constructive notice 8/26/2021
- Legal constructive notice 9/27/2021
- Tax Sale Overbids / Surplus Funds Information
- Notice Subsequent to End of Redemption Period 4/19/2022
- Tax Sale FINAL RESULTS